Wednesday, September 10

Nursery Blues

I know it is really silly, but I very much want to get a crib set for the baby. Yes, I know she wont care what she sleeps in. I just want one little set that I can make her bed up all cute-like. The problem is, well one of the problems is, I am being very picky as to what I want it to look like. Even though we have been told we are having a little girl (and I feel like I'm having a little girl) I don't want a frilly pink set. I want something soft and muted and neutral (which would allow us to use it again if we have a little boy). And I don't like cartoony animal prints and I don't want yellow. So, what do I like? Here's the other problem. I found this amazing, darling crib set at Baby's 'r us. It's called Bunny Meadow by Kidsline. Here are some pictures of it:


It is a soft sage and brown, perfect for a little boy or a little girl, and it has a cute silhouette of a bunny and a dragonfly. But it is $180 (it is a 6 piece set including duvet cover and insert, bumper, dust ruffle, fitted sheet, valance and diaper stacker, but still).

I found a similar set, it is made by the same company. It is almost a cute. It is called Willow:


It is $130 but only 4 pieces (duvet cover and insert, bumper, dust ruffle, and fitted sheet).

Upon further looking, I could mix and match. There is a bunny blanket that is really cute as well as sheets and I could pair it with a plain sage set.
Unfortunately, we would still be looking at $100+
I guess we'll figure something out. Feel free to pass on any ideas! But aren't the bunnies just so darn cute!

2 comments:

Scott and Jillian said...

Maybe you can find some cute fabric that looks similar and sew some stuff for the nursery. Then it's custom made by her mommy!

Those are really darling, though.
Good luck to Steven. My Dad was a pharmacist and he really liked it. He could always find a job wherever he wanted to.

Unknown said...

Hey guys!
It was great to see you today at Sara's Weddin'! Melissa you've got to be one of the cutest prego girls I've ever seen, I really mean that. You have a bump to envy! Anywho, we'll see you tomorrow at the usual fam dinner, but we hope to see you again soon. Good luck with getting moved and settled back in Corvallis.

Later gators!