Sunday, August 21

Super Saturaday

Since the weather has been SOOO nice we decided to use our grupon Oregon Coast Aquarium tickets yesterday. Newport was beautiful. One can't hardly ask for a better day at the coast. Some friends of ours from Corvallis joined us. They have a little girl Evelyn's age and a boy Leah's age. The girls (the 2 1/2 year old ones) had a blast looking at the the fishies and things. After lunch we spent a few hours on the beach where the older girls and their daddies got good and wet and sandy. Evelyn as super tired so we decided to head it back home early. On the way back we had to stop for the vehicle in front of us to make a left turn and the people behind us didn't. Luckily the kids seem to be just fine. Our friends took Evelyn back to Corvallis for us (we were only 5 min from the coast, a long ways from home). My sister happened to look at her phone just as I called her. She was working and had her phone on silent. We were so protected by Heavenly Father! Somehow even though we were pushed into the oncoming traffic lane there were no cars (remember we were stopped because the person in front was waiting for space to turn). The girls were shaken, but there was a lady that stopped with us that was nice enough to take care of Leah while I tried to console Evelyn. When she finally stopped crying, she saw the back end of the car and started all over again. It was so great of the Fry's to take her home with them! I can't thank them enough! They even fed us all dinner when we got back home. Like I said, the girls seem fine, Stephen seems fine, and I can't use my neck. But it could have been so much worse (did I mention that it was a truck that hit my Corolla?!?). Here are pictures!
























1 comment:

Jillian said...

Oh man! That is so crazy! I'm glad that you guys were being watched over. I hope your neck heals soon!