Thursday, August 7

Thankful Thursday

1. The baby – We found out on Monday that we are having a little girl. She is growing a little faster than average, and already weighs 13 ounces. During the ultrasound she was wiggling and squirming all over the place. We are thinking of naming her Evelyn Joan (Joan is after my grandmother). But nothing is set in stone until it is on the birth certificate.
2. Ultrasounds – It was truly amazing to get to see my baby girl. We even saw her point at something. It was even better when we could see her move on the screen and I could feel her move in my tummy.
3. A new job, and new home – Stephen and I were offered a management position in Corvallis. They will pay about half of our rent during the school year and all of it over the summer. And it’s a much nicer apartment than we are in now! There’s even an extra bedroom (to be a nursery/office) and storage space.
4. Chiropractic care – The chiropractor Stephen and I see is a really nice guy. He, his wife, and his two little girls are in the ward we are moving into. We went and saw him on Monday. Not only is funny, but he has a much reduced student rate (making it possible for us to afford him) and can make my neck and back feel so much better.

No comments: